Here is a list of the things that are currently occupying my time.
- 🎬 I create educational content on Beats by Vanity TV, a YouTube channel that deconstructs the sounds of electronic artists. Check out my most recent upload.
- 📀 Alongside the tutorials, I release audio sample libraries and Ableton projects on Samples by Vanity.
- 🖥 If you're interested in working with me on a project, please get in touch.
- 💬 I started a Discord channel to create a home outside of YouTube for creatives. Stop by and say what's up!
- 🎥 I'm working on producing my first online video course, in conjunction with building an online learning academy. I'm aiming to launch both in November 2020.
- 📧 I have an email newsletter; if you'd like to stay up to date with my work, you can join here.
- ✍️ On this website, I will be sharing and documenting my musical projects and musings. I plan to write an article alongside each project, breaking down my creative and technical processes. Keeping an online public journal of sorts is a project I've wanted to begin after reading Leonardo da Vinci's notebooks.
- 💻 I'm planning to jump into the world of online streaming in 2020, follow me on Twitch if you'd like to watch me fiddle around with Cubase and Ableton.
- 🎹 The 'projects' I described in no.7 are hybrid-orchestral compositions. These can be in the form of re-scoring the music to a film/game trailer or scene. Or using art as a mood board to inspire an original track. You can follow me on Bandcamp or Soundcloud to keep up to date with my musings. Or 'Subscribe' to this blog and my email newsletter.
- 🙏🏼 If you're interested in supporting my work, you can buy me a coffee and support my caffeine addiction. I only add this at the end, as I want to keep as much of my content free and accessible as possible.
Get in Touch
- 🐦 Twitter - You can reach me over Twitter, my DM's are open.
- 📨 Email - I read and reply to every email, if you have a question, this would be the best place to get in touch.
- 💬 Discord - I leave Discord open whenever I'm on my computer, if you wish to chat, please add: Matthew Vere#3226 - or join my Discord channel.
- 📚 Outside of music-related activities, I read a lot of books, both non-fiction and fiction. For Fiction, my favorites are Fantasy and Sc-fi, authors like Patrick Rothfuss, John Gwynne, Brandon Sanderson, and James S. A. Corey. I do my best to track all of this on Goodreads.
- I've recently (April 2020) started to improve my writing capabilities. My content begins in a written format and needs to be both clear and concise to be understood. I've found this to be of greater importance when dealing with technical subjects, such as music production. Outside of that, I've discovered I rather enjoy the activity. Perhaps because of reading it, Fictional writing is an area I've love to delve into later in my life.